Sunday, March 9, 2008

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

So Jennie made the Ooey Gooey Butter Bars tonight for a fireside....they were soooooo good!!!!! We talked about some other ways I've made them or that you could make them and I thought I would share the add-in's with y'all.

~Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Bars~
Use a chocolate cake mix in place of the yellow and add 3-4 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the cream cheese batter. You could also add chopped pecans to the batter if you like.

Jason provides lunch to a couple of his clients during December and they always ask that I make the original and chocolate version.

Here's a few more ideas from Paula Deen as well......Add a 20oz. can of drained crushed pineapple and an extra egg to the cream cheese filling.
Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter and an extra egg to the cream cheese filling. You could also sprinkle the batter with chopped peanuts if you like.
With either the yellow or chocolate cake mix you could sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped nuts on top of the filling.
You could also add white chocolate chips, PB morsels, butterscotch morsels or toffee bits to the batter as well.

As you see the options are endless. With all of the additions the rest of the recipe stays the same unless otherwise noted.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger jennie said...

I'm really excited to try the chocolate version but I don't dare make it and keep it in my house...maybe I'll make it and take it to Melissa's open house! :)

March 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger bettycrocker said...

Good idea!!! Never, I mean NEVER make these when you have nowhere to take them. :)heehee

March 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home