Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So excited!!!!!

Jennie - I'm so excited for the new blog. As most of you know, I LOVE to cook so I can't wait to try some new recipes and share some of my own. I thought I would start out by sharing 2 of my most requested recipes.

~Ooey Gooey Butter Bars~
These ARE NOT low-fat!!!!!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted
Mix these 3 ingredients together with an electric mixer. Pat into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
1 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 - 16 oz. pkg. powdered sugar
1 stick butter, melted
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, add eggs and vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar and beat well. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Pour filling over cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey so don't over bake. Cool completely and cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

~Cheese Ball~
An easy appetizer that is hard to beat.

2 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 jar Armour sliced dried beef, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
Dash of Accent seasoning
Chopped pecans

Combine all the ingredients except pecans and chill for at least 30 minutes. Form into a ball and roll in chopped pecans. Serve with your favorite crackers.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Betty Crocker -- we need the WW version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2008 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger bettycrocker said...

I wish there was a way to make it WW but the bars wouldn't be the same. I do use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese in the cheeseball though.

March 4, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home