Thursday, March 6, 2008

Golden Cheesies

I have adapted this recipe from one I got from a ward member a million years ago. My husband's family likes it for our Christmas gatherings.

2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. margarine, softened
1 c. sour cream
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Seasoned Salt
Pepper
Paprika
1 lb. crumbled browned sausage, optional

Mix flour, margarine & sour cream into a dough. Divide into 4 portions, wrap in waxed paper & chill well. I usually chill overnight.
Roll out 1/4 at a time into a rectangle. Sprinkle with the Seasoned Salt & pepper, then with 3/4 c. cheese & 1/4 of the sausage, if using. Roll up like jelly roll & seal ends. Place seam side down on cookie sheet. Cut 1/2 way through at 1" intervals. Sprinkle with paprika (sometimes I substitute chili powder) & bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home