Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fiesta Chicken Pasta Salad

Betty Crocker...I am a blog stalker too!!! You can find some of the best recipes that way!

I found this at http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/ It is one of my favorite recipe blogs. This is what I brought to Enrichment on Tuesday night.

1 pkg Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix
½ c. oil ( I used olive oil)
½ c. vinegar (I used the Apple Cider Vinegar)

1 lb cooked, shredded chicken (about 1 ½ to 2 breasts) (I cheat and buy the meat already in a package precooked!!)
3/4 box garden rotini (nah, just go ahead and use the whole box!)
1 can black beans
1 can black olives, halved
2 -3 tomatoes, chopped (I used the cherry tomatoes cut in half - the whole container)
Frozen corn (I did let my corn unthaw then added it to the mix)

Mix dressing mix, oil, and vinegar in small bowl and set aside. Combine chicken, cooked pasta, beans, olives, and tomatoes in large bowl. Add dressing and frozen corn about 20 minutes before serving. Be sure to toss again just before serving, as the dressing will seep to the bottom.

This recipe makes a TON so you could half it to make a smaller amount for your family but if you need a good item for a pot-luck - this makes plenty for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home